Asiatact (Singapore) Pte Ltd (‘the Company’) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This statement sets out the basis on which we collect, store, use, process, and disclose any ‘personal data’ as defined under the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (‘PDPA’). By visiting our Website and using our Applications and Services, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this statement.
The terms ‘Website’, ‘Applications’ and ‘Services’ have the same meaning as set out in our Terms of Service.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
1. We may collect and store personal data from you, including from the information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our Website and our Applications or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you:
a. register to use our Website and our Applications,
b. subscribe to our Services,
c. Search for a product,
d. place an order on our Website or our Applications,
e. participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our Website or our Applications,
f. complete a survey, and
g. when you report a problem with our Website or our Applications.
2. The information you give us may include such personal data as your name, address, email address and phone number, government identification information,biometric, financial and personal bank account information, personal profile information, or other relevant information or correspondence that may personally identify you.
3. With regard to each of your visits to our Website and our Applications, we may automatically collect details of your visits to our Website and our Applications (such as your browser’s name and technical information about your means of connection to our Website and our Applications) and the information that you browse or access.
We use the following cookies:
1. strictly necessary cookies – enables us to operate our Website and our Applications;
2. analytical performance cookies – allows us to monitor visits to our Website and our Applications and how visitors move around our Website and our Applications;
3. functionality cookies – allows us to recognize you when you return to our Website and our Applications and personalize content for you; and
4. targeting cookies – records your visit to our Website and our Applications, which assists with advertising displays relevant to your interests. This information may be shared with third parties.
6. You can block cookies by activating the relevant settings on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, please note that this may affect your browsing experience on our Website and our Applications (i.e. some information may not be able to be viewed).
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
1. to ensure that content from our Website and our Applications are presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
2. to allow you to participate in the interactive features on our Website and our Applications;
3. to administer our Website and our Applications and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
4. as part of our efforts to keep our Website and our Applications safe and secure;
5. to provide you with the information, products, and services that you request from us;
6. to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
7. to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you; or
8. to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
9. to research, design, and launch services or products including seminars, events, conferences, and forums;
10. to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
11. to notify you about changes to our Services; or
12. to participate in legal proceedings, including collecting overdue amounts and seeking professional advice.
13. You may choose not to receive direct marketing or promotional material by letting us know via our email or the relevant contact page.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information with selected third parties, including:
1. business partners, suppliers, and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
2. advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate or otherwise anonymised information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day);
3. analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our Website and our Applications;
4. credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you;
5. purchasers if the Company or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which cases personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets;
6. if required by applicable law; or
7. where permitted under the PDPA.
8. Your relationship with the above third parties and their services is independent of your relationship with the Company. The third parties may allow you to restrict the information that they collect, and it may be in your interest to individually enable or restrict such collections.
9. Our Website uses Google Analytics, a web traffic analysis service provided by Google Inc. Please refer to www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners to find out more about how Google uses data when you use our Website and how to control the information sent to Google. You can prevent Google’s collection and processing of data by using the Google Ad Settings page or downloading and installing their browser plug-in.
DATA STORAGE AND SECURITY
We will process, store, and protect your information in accordance with our Security Policy.
1. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website or our Applications, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential and must not share the password with anyone.
2. The data that we collect from you will not be transferred to and stored at, a destination outside of Singapore.
3. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website or our Applications; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
4. We only retain personal data for so long as it is necessary to provide the relevant Services to you or for our legal or business requirements. We may archive data, however, this will only be for as long as the purpose for which it was retained requires.
Unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing, we agree that we shall, and shall procure that our employees, agents and/or contractors (if any) shall:
1. use your information solely for the purpose of providing the Services and in accordance with your reasonable written instructions from time to time provided those instructions are consistent with and do not materially change our obligations under the Terms of Service; and
2. maintain appropriate security, technical and organizational measures to protect such of your personal data in our possession or under our control in order to prevent any unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal, or similar risks and to guard against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, your personal data.
3. We shall not cause or permit your personal data to be transferred outside Singapore unless (i) we have taken appropriate steps to ensure that such transfer complies with the PDPA provisions in respect of the data so transferred while such data remains in our possession or under our control (ii) if your personal data is transferred to a recipient in a country or territory outside Singapore, the recipient is bound by legally enforceable obligations to provide to the data a standard of protection comparable to that under the PDPA and (iii) you consent to the transfer of your personal data outside of Singapore for the purposes of using and receiving the Services.
YOUR CONSENT AND RIGHTS
By using our Services and our Applications, visiting our Website, or sharing information with us, you consent to the collection and use of your information and other activities as outlined in this statement.
1. Under the PDPA, you have the right to:
2. check whether we hold personal data about you and to access such data;
3. require us to correct as soon as reasonably practicable any data relating to you which is inaccurate;
4. ascertain our policies and practices in relation to personal data and the kind of personal data held by us; and
5. object to the use of your personal data for marketing purposes, and we shall not use your personal data for marketing purposes after you communicate your objection to us.
6. Our Website and our Applications may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers, and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
You have the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the PDPA. Any access request may be subject to a reasonable fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Any changes we may make to our privacy statement in the future will be posted on our Website and, where appropriate, notified to you by email. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our privacy statement.
If you believe your personal data has been used in a way that is inconsistent with this statement or the PDPA, or if you have any other questions relating to your personal data, please contact: [email protected]